Página do Projecto RCAAP (Repositório Científico de Acesso Aberto de Portugal)
Nota à navegação com tecnologias de apoio: nesta página encontra 3 elementos principais: menu principal (tecla de atalho 1); menu de acções RCAAP (tecla de atalho 2) e conteúdo principal (tecla de atalho 3).
In the open access context self-archiving is the deposit process of a scientific paper into a repository by the author.
It is a simple and fast process in which the user describes and characterizes through a form the document will be depositing. Once you start, the filing process follows a circuit of intuitive deposit (workflow).
Associated with the process of self-archiving, there are things to consider like:
- Permissions: permissions are required for deposit into the repository platform of your institution.
- Fields of metadata: for organizing, indexing and interoperability of documents are commonly used metadata normative schemas, which include some fields (title, author (s), publication date or deposit, etc.).
- Type of access: you can define different access types: open access, restricted or during an embargo period.
- Non-exclusive distribution license: you have to accept the license adopted by your institution.
- Integration with other systems: you can integrate simultaneously with self-archive information from other systems, such as DeGóis curricula (http://degois.pt/).
For specific information about the self-archive process you should contact the administrator of your institution's repository. Here's a list of participating institutions. If your institution has not a repository, please, contact us using the contact form.